Saturday, March 14, 2009
You have an overwhelming feeling when you connect back to your long lost friends, schoolmates and classmates, former neighbors, in short "your past acquaintance."
In most cases they would not recognized you at first after more than 10 years of lost communication. Some can be your true good friend and some remain to be just "acquaintance." And the part that I hate most is when they turn to be your "friend with benefit". Like they are exerting effort to be so close to you and be your nice friend but wait a couple months and you will see that they are just after of something.
For instance, this person happened to be one of my school batch mates and I just reconnect with him online after 14 long empty years. Of course I trust him 50%, though I never thought he will turn like that, but right after couple of months he strain the communication by asking money from me which really turned me off. He now belongs on my long list of "friends with benefit or opportunistic".
My point is, money can "strain" any good relationship or friendship, IF, you know he's not in need and its plainly opportunistic move. It's okay when he badly needs it, but they are a little well off with secured jobs. Another reason is we are not related and I just know him because he happened to be my batch mate long long time ago and we're not even close those days. Then he have the nerve to ask money from me? lets say it's a joke (I'll take it) but hello, boy oh boy, it's a turn off move, a very very BAD move. I am willing to spare CASH "IF" the person badly needs it not just taking opportunity.